Here’s a method I thought of to make a totally convertible necklace – you can add as many or few strands as you like and take pendants on and off. Use whatever combination you want, whenever you want!
Here’s how I did it: (Please note this is not meant to be a complete necklace-making tutorial, that’s a lesson for another day!)
1. Start with a clasp of your choice, along with some keychain-style jump rings, and two lobster clasps.
2. Open your jump ring slightly and feed on to one end of your clasp. This may be difficult to do, but just be patient, and you can get it if you have a steady hand (and a strong thumbnail)!
3. Before you finish feeding on the jump ring, take a lobster clasp and feed it on as well. Now slide them both on the jump ring like you would a set of keys on a keychain.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 for the other end of your clasp.
5. Make as many or few necklace strands as you want – but here’s the key – each strand will start and end with a jump ring. There will be no clasps on any strand.
And that’s it! I hope you liked my tutorial. Happy Beading!